DAO No 17-03 Revised lmplementing Guidelines for the Administration of the BMBE Development Fund under Section…
Please be advised on the changes in Registration, please view this page.
You may download the form here.
Register as a BMBE
Based on the guidelines issued by the DTI under DTI DAO No. 01-03 and DOF under the DOF D.O. No. 17-04 (as amended by DO No. 31-05) any person, cooperative, or association owning an enterprise that fits the description of a BMBE may register for the first time or renew its registration with the Office of the Treasurer of the city or municipality where the businessis located.
Basic requirements for new applicants and for BMBEs applying for renewal of registration:
a. Duly filled out application form (BMBE Form 01) in triplicate, signed by the owner or manager of the entity applying for registration;and,
b. Three passport size ID pictures.
Additional requirements for new applicants:
a. For those with assets worth three hundred thousand pesos
(P300,000) and less –
- Registration as a business entity or enterprise from the appropriate government agency (e.g., Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registration in the case of corporation, partnership or association; Cooperative Development Authority (CDA) registration in the case of cooperative; Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) business name registration in the case of sole proprietorship); and
- Mayor’s Permit or City/ Municipal Business Permit.
b. For those with assets worth more than three hundred thousand pesos (P300, 000) up to three million pesos (P3, 000,000.00) –
- Registration as a business entity as explained above in item a.1
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN);
- Certificate of Registration from the Bureau of InternalRevenue (BIR);
- Mayor’s Permit or City/Municipal Business Permit;
- Sworn affidavit executed by the sole proprietor or the President of the enterprise, as the case may be, that the enterprise is barangay-based and micro-business in nature and scope;
- Sworn Statement of Assets and Liabilities supported by pertinent documents;
- Pictures of the place of business and its assets, other than cash, receivables and intangibles;
- Copy of Loan Contract/s, if any, and duly-notarized Certification of Amortization Payments on the Loan; and
- Income Tax Return (ITR).
Additional requirements for the renewal of BMBE registration:
a. For those with assets worth three hundred thousand pesos (P300,000) and less –
Documents previously listed in item 7.2a for new applicants with assets worth three hundred thousand pesos and less; and
Annual Information Return (for the year immediately preceding the renewal of registration) duly filed with the BIR, together with its attachments.
b. For those with assets worth more than three hundred thousand
pesos (P300,000) up to three million pesos (P3,000,000.00) –
- Documents previously mentioned in item 7.2b (1-8); and
- Annual Information Return (for the year immediately preceding the renewal of registration) duly filed with the BIR, together with its attachments.
- Accomplish BMBE Form 01 in triplicate and submit to the Officeof the Municipal or City Treasurer.
- The Municipal or City Treasurer evaluates the application. The application shall be processed within 15 working days upon submission; otherwise, the BMBE shall be deemed registered.
- A registered BMBE shall be issued a Certificate of Authority as proof of registration, effective for a period of two years. The application is renewable every two years.
How much will it cost to register?
Registration and issuance of the Certificate of Authority of the LGU is free of charge and shall be done promptly. However, to defray the administrative costs of registering and monitoring the BMBEs, the LGUs are allowed to
charge a fee not exceeding P1, 000.00.